Perfect crispiness on the outside and soft fluffiness inside
- To make the overnight sponge, stir down refrigerated starter, and remove one cup.
- In a large bowl, stir together the 1 cup of starter, flour, sugar, and buttermilk.
- Cover and let rest at room temp overnight. (this is best to mix in the evening)
- The next morning beat eggs and oil together and add to overnight sponge mixture. Mix well
- Add baking soda and salt to batter and you will see it begin to bubble. That will give it a fluffiness.
- Now you are ready to put the batter into your waffle iron.
- You can also use this batter to make pancakes if you do not have a waffle iron