This recipe is for a whole chicken to cook in the slow cooker (crockpot), and it is Whole30 Compliant!
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3.5-4 lbs)
- 2 Tbsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper (optional!)
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 Tbsp garlic powder or 3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Rinse the chicken and remove the neck and giblets (you can also buy the chicken with these already removed).
- Prepare the rub. Place all of your ingredients in a small bowl and stir in water by the teaspoon until a paste forms. You can also use this as a dry rub.
- Coat your slow cooker with olive oil and place rolled up balls of aluminum foil under your chicken so it doesn’t cook in it’s juice. This will help cook a little more sturdier like true rotisserie chickens and not fall apart after it’s cooked.
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker, breast side up.
- Coat the chicken inside and out with the paste.
- Cover and cook on low 6-7 hours or on high 3.5-4.5 hours. Make sure the thickest part of the thigh registers at 180 degrees on a meat thermometer.