This is a great chicken soup to eat for lunch or dinner, and it's Whole 30 Compliant!
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 2 Bell Peppers
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro
- 2 large Onions
- 2 32 oz carton chicken broth
- Dash Onion Powder
- 1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Crushed Cayenne Pepper
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Avocados (optional)
- Strip rotisserie chicken of meat and set chicken aside.
- Boil chicken bones in enough water to cover to create a stock.
- Season the chicken stock with salt, pepper, onion powder, cayenne pepper and garlic powder and simmer for 30 minutes at least.
- Peel sweet potatoes.
- Dice sweet potatoes, bell peppers, onions, and cilantro.
- Sauté onion and bell peppers in a pan and set aside.
- Put sweet potatoes and 32 oz of chicken broth in large pot and allow to boil until the potatoes are tender (About 15 minutes).
- Once the potatoes are tender, add the chicken and remaining vegetables.
- When homemade chicken stock has simmered for at least 20-30 mins add it to the pot.
- Simmer on low for about 20 more minutes.
- If desired, top with fresh salsa or avocados.