This is a great one skillet dish to make for dinner that is Whole30 Compliant! Sausage that's Whole30 Compliant? Whaaaaat?!?!?!? YES!!!!! Aidells Chicken & Apple Smoked Chicken Sausage! I found mine at Target!
- 4 TB olive oil
- 1 (12 oz.) package Aidells Chicken Apple Sausage, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped into large pieces
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow squash, sliced
- 1 cup mixed bell peppers, chopped into large pieces
- 4 oz. sliced mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 TB olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the sausage and onions together until sausage is browned and onions are soft. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaining 2 TB olive oil to the pan. Add zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, mushrooms, and garlic and sauté until softened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Season with basil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Add sausage and onions back to the pan and stir to combine.