This is a recipe my Bohemian Grandmother would make every Easter
- put pork and veal in pot with water just covering meat. add a tsp salt
- cube bread and set aside
- while meat is simmering chop all vegetables and parsley.
- The meat will take 2 to 3 hours to bet able to shred meat.
- while meat is cooking, saute all vegetables with butter, another 1 tsp salt and pepper.
- add sage, thyme, and sugar to vegetables and set aside
- when meat is done and cooled down enough to handle preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- crack all eggs and mix into bread cubes.
- add shredded meat
- add vegetables.
- mix well with hand
- Add a little broth from the liquid that the meat has been simmering.
- Add a little a time.
- The dressing should be wet to form a loaf, but not too mushy.
- put in a butter pan or pans and pack down.
- Do forget to preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 30 to 40 minutes. It should come clean when toothpick in inserted.
- When simmering meat I also threw in some carrots,celery, and onions which I removed later.