This is a simple low cal recipe for these awesome plantain chips. #whole30
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line baking sheets with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Using a sharp knife cut both ends off the plantain. This will make it easy to grab the skin of the plantains. Slit a shallow line down the long seam of the plantain, peel only as deep as the peel. Remove plantain peel by pulling it back. If plantains is straight from the fridge, you can run it through hot water , to prevent ease with peeling
- Slice the plantains thinly with the help of slicer/ mandolin for consistent results
4. In a bowl mix plantains, salt, paprika, and ground pepper. Toss them together.
5. Place them on the baking sheets in a single layer , spray lightly over the plantains using the canola oil spray and bake, turning over slices, after 10 minutes for about 15-20 minutes or till golden brown and crunchy.
6. Serve warm or cool. Store in a sealed container.